1. Offering engaging interactive exhibits creating hands-on learning experiences.
2. Teaching fun and educational programming inspiring creativity and wonder.
3. Traveling into schools, libraries and throughout our community to teach classes with our Mad Science on Wheels Program.
4. Providing information and resources to caregivers that assists with the development of children.
5. Building self-confidence as children explore a variety of educational topics and learn what they are good at and enjoy.
6. Aligning exhibits and programs with NC Curriculum in order to be a resource to area teachers and schools.
7. Implementing focus on statewide initiatives in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Math) learning with programs like 3-D Printing with partner Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute and our successful Makerspace held in the STEAM classroom.
8. Enriching the lives of children in need by assisting underprivileged families with our Community Outreach program. We help families in need with membership scholarships, partner with area agencies such as Henderson County DSS Foster Families and travel to low-income areas to offer free programming.
9. Helping area agencies and businesses get their message out to the community in creative ways.
10. Utilizing our facility as a “lab for learning” for partners such as Blue Ridge Community College’s Early Childhood Education students and the Parents as Teachers Program at Children & Family Resource Center.