Are you searching for a field trip destination that's educational and lots of fun? We invite you to visit Hands On! Children's Museum! Our exhibits and special programs stimulate the imagination and educate the mind by focusing on science, technology, engineering, math, art, literacy, and culture.
- A group consists of a minimum of twelve (12) or more paying visitors who have made a reservation in advance to Hands On! All groups are required to have one (1) adult chaperone for every five (5) children.
- Hands On! is pleased to offer a special group admission rates. The rates below only apply to groups who have scheduled a field trip at-least one (1) week in advance.
Regular Field Trip: Museum Exploration
Extra Adults.....................$7 +tax
Focused Field Trip: Museum Exploration + Program
Extra Adults.....................$8 +tax
*programs last between 25-30 minutes.
Our Party Room is available to use as a lunch location for your group. The cost is $50 per hour to rent the space. Because of limited space, we can only accomodate a maximum of fifteen (15) children at a time.
Ready to Book Your Field Trip?
Call our reservations office at 828.697.8333 ext. 226 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a field trip.
- A field trip to Hands On! typically lasts between 1.5 - 2 hours.
- Field Trips may be scheduled at the museum Tuesday through Friday between 10am - 2pm.
- If you have a large group (50 or more children) we recommend splitting up and coming over the course of two (2) days.
Parking for Groups:
If your group is arriving by bus between 8:00 am and 10:00 am, the best place to drop off children in is the front on the museum on Main Street. After 10:00am, we recommend pulling into the Azalea Parking Lot at the corner of 3rd Avenue East and King Street, behind the museum.
Bus parking is available in several locations:
- The parking lot of the Hendersonville Visitors Information Center at 201 South Main Street. There are bus spaces in the lower parking lot off Barnwell Street (from Church Street, left on Barnwell and left into lot, marked for buses.)
- The parking lot of First Presbyterian Church on 64E between Main Street and King Street. (Call the church ahead of time at 692-3211 to make sure no events are scheduled and that parking in available).