The museum is temporarily closed to the public. Click here to learn more. 

Make a Tax-Deductible Donation

Fill out my online form.

From The

Executive Director

Dear Friends, 

Hands On! Children's Museum provides a safe, fun, and educational environment for children make sense of their world through play. As children explore Hands On! they “light up” with a sense of accomplishment and pride as they learn new things. These young learners become inspired by the museum’s unique variety of fun and tactile exhibit experiences. That inspiration encourages children to realize their full potential in Science, Math, Art, and Literacy— empowering them to become future innovators and problem solvers as adults.

Since opening in 2007, Hands On! has welcomed over 250,000 visitors from the Western North Carolina community. The museum serves 35,000+ visitors annually in a six-county service region. Museum attendance has grown steadily, increasing an average of 8% each year. As a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, the museum covers 40% of its operating costs through general admission and program fees. The remaining 60% must come from donations. Because of your continued efforts, the museum remains affordable and accessible to children and their families.

On behalf of the children we serve, I encourage you to consider making a tax-deductible donation to Hands On! Children’s Museum. A donation to Hands On! is an investment in the future of our children and community. No donation is too small, and giving to the museum is a great way to make a difference in the life of a child. 

Kind regards, 

Joseph C. Knight

Executive Director

office:   828.697.8333 ext. 223