Special Events Volunteer
Special Events Volunteers will assist the Hands On! team by attending Special Events. Volunteer assistance will aid the organization in keeping costs low and making the events more successful, thereby garnering more financial and public support for Hands On!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend orientations before events if required
- Pick up pre-packed signage, promotional materials, and supplies from Hands On!
- Be punctual to all special events
- Set up table, promotional materials, and activity for children
- Enthusiastically facilitate task with children and families at the event
- Be a knowledgeable, positive face representing Hands On! in order to market our services
- Inform event participants about Hands On!’s mission, programming, opportunities, and your role in the organization
- Gather contact information to add to our email/mailing lists
- Pack up all supplies and clean up according to event standards and return supplies to Hands On!
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate, interact and work cooperatively with people
- Willingness to clean and tidy again and again and again
- Ability to lift 25 lbs and ability to stand on feet for several hours at a time, if necessary
- Must have a driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Available at least once a month for events
- Enjoys being around children
- Personable and outgoing; energetic
- Demonstrates a willingness to be flexible
- Creative & resourceful
- Rhythm & Brews
- Dancing Bear Fun Festival
- NC Apple Festival
- Mad Mountain Mud Run
Adult Volunteer Application (18 yrs & older)
Youth Volunteer Application (13 – 17 yrs)
Call 697-8333 for more information on volunteering.