Playologists work alongside children and families in Hands On! helping to facilitate discovery, exploration and play with our exhibits.
- Explore and interact with exhibits alongside children and their families.
- Model to children and parents appropriate interaction with exhibits.
- Help deepen children’s understanding of topics and activities in our exhibits through questioning, activity suggestions and discussion.
- Maintain exhibit cleanliness.
- Ensure the safety of visitors.
- Let staff know immediately if an exhibit needs repair or if a visitor’s behavior is unsafe in an exhibit.
Volunteers will be trained in, hands-on learning, inquiry based science, developmentally appropriate activities, safety, and activities in the Hands On! exhibits before beginning their volunteering.
Hands On! – A Child’s Gallery, 318 N. Main Street, Hendersonville, NC 28792
- Enjoys working and playing with children and families.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, patient and flexible.
- Able to move throughout the museum – standing, sitting, kneeling, crawling, climbing, etc. as needed.
- Must be a rising 6thgrader or older.
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 2 hours per volunteer visit. Preferably, will be available once a week at a specific day and time, but this can be flexible. Summer Volunteer hours are 10-6. School Year Volunteer shifts are available after school until 5 pm or between 10 am – 5 pm on Saturdays and School holidays.
Operations Manager & Visitor Services Coordinator
- Regular training, social and enrichment opportunities.
- Opportunity to gain work experience in a nurturing environment.
- Regularly inspiring children to appreciate and enjoy learning as they play.
For Questions, please contact: Jeff or Mindy at (828) 697-8333 or by email at email@example.com