Maintenance Guru Volunteer
- Carry out exhibit & facility maintenance & repair
- Safety patrol of museum making sure all exhibits & facilities are safe for our visitors
- Handy-man or -woman experience
- Experience using power tools
- Ability to climb ladders & lift up to 50 lbs
- A pleasing smile and a warm, friendly greeting to all who contact or enter Hands On!
- Willingness to commit to dealing with everyone you come in contact with in a respectful and understanding manner
- Willingness to do assigned tasks because it is in the best interest of Hands On!
- 1 hour training completed to earn name tag
- Yearly check-in and evaluation
- Approximately 2-4 hours per month. Could require additional hours to prepare museum for busy season or if a new exhibit is being installed. May need to schedule some work after hours or on days museum is closed (Sunday & Monday).
Dress: professional, comfortable, casual clothing (no slogans) with comfortable shoes
- Shared between the Operations Manager & Visitor Services Coordinator
- Making a positive impact on Hands On! facility
- Satisfaction of maintaining excellent facility appearance
- Satisfaction of contributing to your community
- Volunteer appreciation
Adult Volunteer Application (18 yrs & older)
Youth Volunteer Application (13 – 17 yrs)
Call 697-8333 for more information on volunteering.