Floor Assistant Volunteer
- Visitor reception
- Exhibit & floor tidiness
- Visitor assistance with exhibits
- Odds & ends projects (cut paper, fill paint cups, gather supplies for classes & programs)
- Answering the phone & directing calls, as needed
- Running errands (for example, get change from bank, post office, supplies, etc)
- Enjoy being around children
- Good verbal communication skills and the ability to meet and greet the public
- A pleasing smile and a warm, friendly greeting to all who contact or enter Hands On!
- General office experience (computer skills helpful, but not required)
- Willingness to commit to dealing with everyone you come in contact with in a respectful and understanding manner
- Ability to organize and multi-task
- Willingness to do assigned tasks because it is in the best interest of Hands On!
- 1 hour training completed to earn name tag
- Yearly check-in and evaluation
- 2 hour commitment within the following time slots to help cover the daily operational needs of the museum/ 10am-12noon; 1pm-3pm; 3pm-5pm
Dress: professional, comfortable, casual clothing (no slogans) with comfortable shoes
- Shared between the Operations Manager & Visitor Services Coordinator
- Making a positive difference in the lives of children and families
- Professional development skills
- Making a positive impact on the daily operations of Hands On!
- Satisfaction of contributing to your community
- Volunteer appreciation
Adult Volunteer Application (18 yrs & older)
Youth Volunteer Application (13 – 17 yrs)
Call 697-8333 for more information on volunteering.