Education Assistant Volunteer
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Interacting with Hands On! visitors of all ages
- Explaining the educational objectives of exhibits
- Assisting visitors with the use of materials in an exhibit
- Roaming the museum with educational carts or interactive activities
- Leading Hands On! programs
- Reporting any part of an exhibit that is not working properly
- Enjoy being around children
- Experience working with children
- Good verbal communication skills and the ability to meet and greet the public
- A pleasing smile and a warm, friendly greeting to all who come to Hands On!
- General office experience (computer skills helpful, but not required)
- Ability to organize and multi-task
- Willingness to do assigned tasks because it is in the best interest of Hands On!
- Interest or training in Early Childhood Education
- 2 hour commitment; Hours can be flexible based on busy hours at the museum & your needs
- Professional, Comfortable, Casual Clothing (no slogans) with comfortable shoes
- Shared between the Operations Manager, Visitor Services Assistant & Education Coordinator
- Making a positive difference in the lives of children and families
- Professional development skills
- Making a positive impact on the daily operations of Hands On!
- Satisfaction of contributing to your community
Adult Volunteer Application (18 yrs & older)
Youth Volunteer Application (13 – 17 yrs)
Call 697-8333 for more information on volunteering.