We want to ensure that everyone has a great time and all details are taken care of. The following is a list of reminders and recommendations for a successful party. Please feel free to call the museum if you have any questions.
- Birthday parties are parent-directed; however, a staff member is available for assistance, as needed.
- Suggested party timeline for your 2 hours:
1) Museum play 30 minutes 2)Spend up to 1 hour in party room for cake, food, gifts 3)Museum play 30 minutes
- Food and drinks are restricted to the party room.
- For safety reasons, please do not bring a piñata.
- You are responsible for the behavior of the children who attend your party. We suggest a minimum of 1 adult for every 5 children to help supervise as they play. We appreciate your encouraging them to respect our exhibits and the other visitors by reviewing our tips for a safe & enjoyable visit which can be found at the Front Desk.
- If you plan on giving balloons to children, please wait until the party ends to prevent choking hazards in Hands On!.
- Please give us a call 4 days before the party to let us know the number of guests.
Hands On! Private Party Guidelines
- Private parties can be booked at Hands On! after our normal operating hours and on Sundays and Mondays.
- Cost is $250 for up to 35 people (children & adults) for a 3 hour time frame. The breakdown of that time is 30 minutes for set up, 2 hours of guest party time, and 30 minutes of clean up time. We request that there be a minimum of one adult present for each 5 children. Additional charges of $5 per person above the 35 person limit.
- A $100 deposit is due upon making the reservation. The balance is due on the day of the party. Cancellations will result in a $25 loss of deposit with the remainder refunded to you.
- Additional half hour(s) booked prior to the event is $50.00 per half hour.
- In the event of snow or severe weather (acts of nature): We will be sure to stay in contact with you by cell phone & will make every attempt to stay open for your party. If we have to close, every attempt will be made to reschedule your party within 2 weeks. If your party cannot be rescheduled in a timely fashion, we will refund your deposit.
- If you or your guests are still in the museum after the scheduled time, a fee of $50 for each additional 15 minutes will be charged. For example, if your scheduled time of departure listed above is 4:30 & anyone from your party is still here at 4:35, we will charge your credit card an additional $50.
WE PROVIDE: (NOTE: All items we provide are our items – not able to be changed for your party theme)
Up to 15 Invitations, seating for 15 people, basic tablecloths, cake server, ice cream scoop, matches for candles, gift & refreshment table, and a Hands On! birthday gift for the child.
Napkins, eating utensils, all food & beverages (to stay in party room), & additional decorations (only painters tape on our walls, please).